Savoy Brown & Kim Simmonds – You Should Have Been There
• Originally given a limited release in 2004, this “Savoy Brown (featuring Kim Simmonds)” live album, recorded in Vancouver, Canada, now gets a full national release
• The album features wonderful concert versions of the Savoy Brown classic songs, “Hellbound Train”, “Street Corner Talking” and “Poor Girl”
• Besides those tracks, we get to hear Kim Simmonds, a master guitarist, extend on the blues “Where Has Your Heart Gone”, an eleven minute opus!
• The original sleeve notes from Kim are included with almost sixty minutes of music
• Rock/blues at its finest, this CD is a must for new and old fans alike
One of the earliest of British blues bands, Savoy Brown, with founder guitarist Kim Simmonds at the helm, helped launch the 1967 UK blues boom movement that brought blues music back to the USA invigorating the style forever. In the process, the band became part of the framework that launched the rock and roll music of the 1970’s. Their influence now stretches into modern rock as we know it today.
From London’s Soho night clubs in 1966 to headlining the world’s most famous venues (Carnegie Hall, Fillmore’s East and West, Cobo Hall, etc) Savoy Brown has done it all and as the band continues to tour worldwide they give a glimpse into the past and also inspire new listeners with their personal brand of rocking boogie, blues and rock.
When It Rains
Where Has Your Heart Gone
Blues Like Midnight
Street Corner Talking