You may also like…
Origins of EDM: Better Living Through Circuitry
“Origins Of EDM: Better Living Through Circuitry” is a rare, insightful look at US rave culture and the electronic dance community. A cross-section of the techno subculture is represented as ravers, DJs and musicians speak for themselves about their music and ideals.
This film presents such dynamic aspects of rave culture as empowerment through technology, the DIY (do-it-yourself) ethic and the flowering of a new spirituality embracing transcendence through sound and rhythm. Provocative and enlightening, this film explores with a passionate intensity on of the most significant youth culture movements of our time.
Includes a fantastic soundtrack featuring Moby, Keoki, the Crystal Method, DJ Spooky, Roni Size, Psychic TV and a host of others.
- Filmmaker’s Commentary
- Exclusive Previously Unseen Interview with DJ DAN
- Bonus Extended Interviews with: THE CRYSTAL METHOD, WOLFGANG FLUR (ex-KRAFTWERK), RONI SIZE and GENESIS P-ORRIDGE
- Computer Animation Reels from NIGHTTRIBE and OVT
- Soundtrack Album Audio Previews
- Virtual Flyer Gallery
- Cast and Crew Biography Pages for all Interviewed Artists